Good marks in IGCSE Arabic !! This should be the target of every student. Arabic is not only the most widely spoken language in the world, but also it has excellent commercial potential. IB Elite Tutor has a team of experts to offer IGCSE Online Tuition classes for Arabic and all other subjects.
Top ideas to get good marks in IGCSE Arabic?
To get good marks in IGCSE Arabic, Our IGCSE Arabic Tutors focus on language proficiency, a positive attitude, a sympathetic approach, and a solid foundational base. And also good memorizing and understanding power. Print your syllabus out and paste it into your notebook. And cover the following topics one by one:
- Social and personal life
- In the world of work
- Everyday activities
- The international world
- The world around us
Read and carefully understand each written and spoken text related to your syllabus. Please find out the meaning of unknown words and learn them. And take part in everyday conversations.
Keep listening, reading, speaking, & writing
YouTube is an excellent platform to listen to and watch videos. It helps you to remember things. Make a habit of giving separate time to each skill regularly. And also, you can memorize vocabulary & phrases using flashcards and quizzes. Write essays, articles, reports, etc. Pay attention to Arabic grammar. For instance: tenses, adjectives, verbs, pronouns, etc.
- Practice daily: Put consistency in each of your works. Make a schedule and:
- Listen to short recordings.
- Identify authentic texts
- Take part in social exchanges.
- Communicate with simple information
- Take ideas from a range of sources.
- Explain past events, opinions, feelings, and emotions
- Take part in conversations of personal interest.
- Convey messages in the Arabic language
- Get familiar with everyday topics.
- Practice simple connectors
Comprehend the exam pattern to get good marks in IGCSE Arabic
You have to give 4 papers in your IGCSE Arabic examination. Every student must have a good understanding of all these papers to get good marks in IGCSE Arabic.
- Paper 1 is a listening paper containing several recordings, MCQs, and matching questions. It carries 40 marks and has a time limit of approximately 50 minutes.
- Paper 2 is a reading paper that contains several numbers of texts. MCQs, matching questions, and short answers. It carries 45 marks and has a time limit of 1 hour.
- Paper 3 is a speaking paper that contains one role play and two conversation topics. It carries 40 marks and has a time limit of approximately 10 minutes.
- Paper 4 is a writing paper that contains one form-filling task, one format task of an article/blog or an email/letter, and one directed writing task. It carries 45 marks and has a time limit of 1 hour.
- So, properly understand the exam format and analyze how you perform well.
- Keep seeking knowledge about your assessment overview and prepare accordingly.
Try to fulfil assessment objectives.
- Listen to different audio to understand the critical information.
- Keep endeavouring to describe events, ideas, opinions, and attitudes.
- Communicate confidently and clearly.
- Learn how to write simple factual information.
- Connect texts and paragraphs with suitable connectors (but, then, and because).
- Understand short recordings and unknown words.
- Keep writing blogs, articles, emails, etc.
- Take part in social exchanges.
- Pay heed to vocabulary and tenses.
- Pronounce words clearly and effectively.
- Try to link shorter discrete elements to the sequence of points.
Strengthen these sub-topics to get mastery in IGCSE Arabic
- Social and personal life: Family and friends, colours, leisure time, clothes, and accessories.
- The world of work: Work and education.
- Everyday activities: Time expressions, the human body, health, travel, transport, food, and drink.
- The world around us: Communication, people, materials, the environment, places, measurements, technology, the natural world, the climate, the digital world, and the weather.
- The international world: Nationalities, faiths, countries, celebrations, languages, culture, customs, etc.
Pay attention to different text types that come in your examination.
- Short monologues or short dialogues
- Phone messages
- News items
- Formal or informal conversations
- Simple descriptions
- Advertisements, notices, signs, and instructions
- Postcard, blog, and letter
- Email and articles
Communicate effectively and maintain quality
- Arabic script (short vowels, long vowels, and Arabic figures)
- Articles (use of Al), nouns (gender, dual forms, plural forms, broken plurals, and data structure)
- Adjectives (plural adjectives, colour adjectives, comparatives, superlatives, demonstratives, weak adjectives, nisba adjectives, etc.)
- Adverbs (common adverbs, timeframes, common adverbial phrases, etc.)
- Pronouns (subject pronouns, possessive pronouns, object pronouns, relative pronouns, etc.)
- Verbs (basic verb patterns, common unusual verbs, tenses, time frames, negation, basic conditional, active participle, passive participle, etc.)
- Conjunctions and prepositions (common conjunctions, common prepositions, numbers, time, westernized calendar months, and clock times.)
- Case endings (nominative, genitive, and accusative)
- Interrogatives (common question words, singular accusative, etc.)
Some tips which are useful for almost every IGCSE subject
- Manage your time: Time management is essential. So, make a timetable for your listening, writing, reading, and speaking tasks. Keep looking for tips and tricks to help you complete your coursework promptly. And give extra time to your studies whenever needed. Make good use of your initial learning phase that establishes a solid foundational base.
- Ask questions: The more you ask, the more you gain knowledge of each aspect of your syllabus. Ask your teachers, peers, and IGCSE tutors. And also equip essential skills to understand the Arabic language by asking questions.
- Practice past years’ papers: Download past years’ papers online from the CAIE website. Practice as much as you can. And familiarize yourself with the IGCSE Arabic exam pattern.
- Take help from online material: Some numerous websites or resources help you in your studies. You can take part in quizzes. Learn vocabulary online, download e-books, and find relevant information.
- Make notes: What you listen to or read, write them. You cannot remember everything. So, pen down everything and revisit it daily. This technique helps you to retain concepts.
- Learn basics: Study all the fundamentals of the IGCSE Arabic language. Root words are essential. So, start learning root words, then make sentences and phrases. And when you learn them, you can easily understand the Arabic language.
Every cloud has a silver lining. So, don’t demotivate when you get poor marks on your unit or mock tests. Just bring back yourself and maintain a schedule to study with consistency. And attain an A* in your final IGCSE Arabic examination. We hope this article helps you to get good marks in the IGCSE Arabic examination. IB Elite Tutor is a prominent place to get IGCSE Tutors for English, Arabic, French, German, Spanish.