Good Marks in IGCSE Economics. We provide expert IGCSE Online Tuition with the help of teachers from around the globe for all important subjects like- Maths, Chemistry, Accounts, Physics Biology, English, Spanish, French, Geography, etc.
How to get good marks in IGCSE Economics?
Are you worried about how to ace the IGCSE Economics exam? Or it doesn’t seem easy to get an A* in this curriculum. So, fret not just focus on the content and the syllabus. Try to start early so that you can finish early. And follow these guidelines to score well in your IGCSE Economics examination.
A simple formula to get good marks in IGCSE Economics
- Read & comprehend the syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the IGCSE Economics syllabus and learner’s guide. So, you can analyze how much you have to study. It creates a significant impact while you prepare for your examination. Firstly, you get knowledge of your curriculum. Secondly, you engrave a skillset that requires you to ace IGCSE Economics. Lastly, you will not wander and confuse about your coursework.
- Consider marking scheme: Understand how the marking scheme works. Analyze it and study accordingly. You didn’t lose a single mark if you followed the CAIE marking scheme. And also, do you have an idea of what you have to write?
- Please go through the examiner’s report: It gives you an idea of what you have to avoid while writing an answer. Apart from this, do you understand what your examiners want from you? And how you gain full marks in each question. So, take out your time and read the examiner’s report. You have a huge advantage in learning from other mistakes. And don’t make those mistakes in your IGCSE Economics examination.
- Start note-making: You can’t understand the IGCSE Economics concept without note-making. Start note-making with the most difficult or higher marking chapters. Note down all the essential terms. Highlight the headings of each chapter and then write down its all-important points.
- Attain a winner’s mindset: To acquire an A* in the IGCSE Economics, then acquire a winner’s mindset. It helps you to focus on your goals. And also, if you are mentally preparing for your upcoming exam, you physically set yourself. No matter the situation, you will take time for your studies. So, first, attain a winner’s mindset.
- Pay attention to command words: Don’t underestimate the value of command words. It creates a massive difference while writing an adequate answer. Most of the students are confused in “DESCRIBE” & “DISCUSS” or “DEFINE” & “EXPLAIN.” So, make it clear to your examiner what you are writing about. And understand the meaning of each command term. Then indeed, you get a better score.
- Solve past years’ papers: As much as possible, practice past years’ papers. So, you get an idea about the IGCSE Economics examination. It sharpens your analytical skills and gives you a clear mindset on which topics you have to focus on.
- Concepts mastery: You must understand economics terminologies and theories to get mastery in each chapter. And also use economic tools to analyze data. Try to engrave economic ideology and apply economic understanding in each part of your answer.
Understand exam format to get good marks in IGCSE Economics
- Don’t forget to acknowledge your exam criteria properly. What does it look like? How much weightage of each paper? So, you can give appropriate time to each paper.
- And adequately manage your time. Here we discuss the IGCSE Economics exam pattern. Let’s take a look! All the students have to give two papers.
- Paper 1 contains 30 MCQs and has a time limit of 45 minutes. So, you only have 45 minutes to grab a 30% score.
- Paper 2 contains structured questions of 90 marks and has a time limit of 2 hours & 15 minutes.
- So, take advantage of this information. And set a timetable according to these two components.
- Don’t forget to fulfill assessment objectives as well. For instance, analysis, evaluation, knowledge, and understanding.
Moreover, try to acknowledge the fundamentals of the IGCSE Economics topics:
- Microeconomic decision-makers: Get a stronghold on the concepts like money, banking, households, workers, trade unions, firms, and market structure.
- Globalization and international trades: Focus on international specialization, globalization, free trade, foreign exchange rates, the current account balance of payments, etc.
- The allocation of resources: Keep practicing microeconomics, macroeconomics, demand, supply, price determination, price exchange, PED, PES, market economic system, market failure, mixed economic system, etc.
- Economic development: Understand the living standards, poverty, population, and differences in economic development between different countries.
- The fundamental economic problem: Try to find out the nature of the economic problem, factors of production, opportunity cost, PPC, etc.
- The macroeconomy and the government: Seek knowledge about the role of government, macroeconomic aims of government, fiscal policy, monetary policy, supply-side policy, economic growth, employment, and unemployment.
Get help from IB Elite Tutor: If you find it difficult to cope with your Economics syllabus, then get help from our expert IGCSE Economics Tutors. So, you can easily tackle hardcore topics and enhance yourself daily.
How to gain full marks in IGCSE Economics paper 2?
All students have to incorporate appropriate writing techniques. And pay attention to:
- Your question and command words are in it.
- All the economic terms are used in the question.
- The keywords and underline them.
- Marks are awarded to the question, and write points accordingly.
- Develop an effective relationship with your examiner.
- Your notes and practice how to write answers effectively?
- Cut a long story short, practice economic concepts, economic terms, and economic theories, and read case studies. It helps you to understand economic issues.
- Additionally, test yourself from time to time to evaluate your mistakes. And give time to revise your coursework and retain concepts.
- Do group studies and ask questions from your teachers or IGCSE Economics Tuition to remove your doubts. No need to stress out.
- Examine your weak points, and improve them. Make an effective schedule and follow it. Get a skillset that helps you to engage with your studies, and try to make a separate space or quiet place to study.
- So you can study hassle-free. Do focus study and gauge your progress. So, all these tactics help you to get an A* in the IGCSE Economics examination.
- And all the above don’t forget to enjoy yourself with your family and friends. We also provide Tutors for IGCSE Accounts, English, Spanish, Arabic, French, Physics, Maths, Chemistry, etc.