Good marks in IGCSE German with the help of IB Elite Tutor. We are a more than decade-old institute. We have been helping O, A-Level / AP / IB & IGCSE students worldwide with almost all essential subjects. Get the best help for Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, English, etc. with our high-quality IGCSE Online Tuition classes.
Studying tips to get good marks in IGCSE German?
Getting good marks in IGCSE German requires practice, practice, and practice. So, concentrate on your listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills. And also, indulge in various activities to improve your language proficiency. Pay heed to the exam format: Go through the exam format before anything else. You have to take 4 papers, in which:
- Paper 1 is a listening paper containing several recordings, MCQs, and matching questions. It carries 40 marks and has a time limit of approximately 50 minutes.
- Paper 2 is a reading paper that contains several numbers of reading texts, matching questions, MCQs, and short answer questions. It carries 45 marks and has a time limit of 1 hour.
- Paper 3 is a speaking paper that contains one role play and two conversational topics. It carries 40 marks and has a time limit of approximately 10 minutes.
- Paper 4 is a writing paper that contains one form-filling task, one task for writing an email/letter or article/blog, and one directed writing task. So, do your best to score full marks on all the above papers.
Get familiar with the subject content to get good marks in IGCSE German
There are 5 broad topics in the IGCSE coursework that you have to study. They are:
- In the world of work
- Everyday activities
- Social and personal life
- The international world
- The world around us
So, when you go through your syllabus correctly, understand all the written and spoken texts. And learn how to demonstrate opinions, main ideas, and attitudes.
Improve listening, speaking, reading & writing skills
- Try to listen to short recordings of previous years’ exams and carefully listen to all the words and phrases. You only have two chances to listen to the recordings in your exam.
- So, make yourself capable of adequately listening to all the audio transcripts. And don’t miss anything. You can also get help from German podcasts so that you get used to the German language.
- Discuss with your peers, participate in conversations, talk to your IGCSE German Tutors and improve your pronunciation. And also, keep practicing speaking loud and clear.
- It will help you to speak confidently. Moreover, record your oral presentation and listen to it again and again. Find mistakes and improve them.
- Try to speak about different topics, memorize lots of words, and use a creative framework. Apart from this, practice in front of the mirror and make eye contact.
- It will help you to increase your confidence and self-esteem in front of the examiner. Your first paper is a reading paper, so read different texts and identify tenses.
- Make sure that you are familiar with all types of tenses and also with the question types. For instance, why, when, how, what, etc.
- Take help from your school teachers and classmates to improve your reading skill. The more you read blogs, articles, newspapers, and books, the more you acquire knowledge of the German language.
- You cannot correctly frame sentences or paragraphs if you do not know different styles, layouts, clauses, vocabulary, etc. So, understand them and use them precisely. In addition, hone your writing skills with the help of IGCSE German tuition.
Take external help to solve past papers & for vocabulary improvement
- Sometimes, we don’t know where to start and how to study with proper time management. So, the solution is IGCSE tuition. Don’t forget to ask for help.
- All your need is listened to and fulfilled correctly at your place and time. And also, the expert IGCSE German tutors provide tips to score well in the examination.
- It is an effective way to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and question types. Also, you can recognize your weak areas and gauge your progress.
- Expand your vocabulary and memorize them. And also, make a vocabulary booklet to revise from time to time. Write all the words and phrases that help in understanding the German language.
- IGCSE designed its curriculum so that all the students properly fulfill the assessment objectives and develop learning skills. So, please pay attention to them and keep endeavoring to accomplish them.
- Evolve your language proficiency.
- Communicate effectively in the German language.
- Understand the nature of language.
- Enhance a positive attitude and a sympathetic approach.
- Enjoy the language.
Proper time management is crucial.
You cannot acquire a good score in the IGCSE German examination without a dedicated schedule. So, make a timetable and give separate time to listening, reading, speaking, and writing tasks. Furthermore, make mind maps, do concept mapping, and practice worksheets. All will help you to:
- Understand the critical information of the IGCSE German coursework.
- Familiarize yourself with different topics.
- Comprehend authentic and factual texts.
- Communicate fluently.
- Illustrate relevant information.
- Connect or link sentences with suitable connectors.
- Understand vocabulary and language structure.
- And many more things…
Evaluate Yourself & work on your grammar
Take time to understand your level and how much you have to work on yourself. Think about your future and the knowledge you have to gain to improve it. Don’t spend your money or time on those things that are irrelevant and time-wasting. Find a friend circle that helps you in improving. IGCSE wants you to be a reflective, confident, engaged, innovative, and responsible learner. So, accomplish it. And make yourself a learner that IGCSE wants. Then you see that you can achieve what you want.
Pay attention to the grammatical structure and learn:
- Tenses (Past, present, and future): For example, “Wie sind Sie/bist du nach Germany gefahren”? Which means “How did you travel to Germany”?
- Modal verbs: For example, “Darf ich”? Which means “May I”? “Konn(t)en Sie Bitte”. Which means “Can/could you please.”
- Separable verbs: For example, “Das sieht gut aus”. Which means “that looks good.”
- Connectors: For example, “Ich brauchees, weil.” Which means “I need it because.” “Das zeigt uns, dass”. Which means “It shows us that.” “Obwohl ich es gesagt habe, glaube ich”. This means, “Although I have said so, I think.”
We hope the above article helps you with how to learn and what to learn. So, keep seeking knowledge and ace the IGCSE German examination. IB Elite Tutor has a very string team of experts offering tutoring for almost all language subjects. We have IGCSE Tutors for English. French, German, Spanish, Arabic etc. Just book a free demo class & notice the different.