Get good marks in IGCSE Spanish. IB Elite Tutor is a top-notch academy. We have been helping IB / AP/ O, A-level & IGCSE students for more than a decade. Get the best IGCSE Online Tuition classes with teachers from top schools.
Top ten tips to get good marks in IGCSE Spanish
Get enough knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, writing techniques, and different viewpoints in the Spanish language. And pay attention to your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills to get good marks in IGCSE Spanish. Here are some suggestions by our IGCSE Spanish Tutors so that you can get good grades in your exams. If you want to get good marks in IGCSE Spanish then first of all you should focus on your syllabus. IGCSE Spanish has five broad topics in its subject content. They are:
- Social and personal life
- In the world of work
- Everyday activities
- The international world
- The world around us
So, you have to comprehend them. And read different written and spoken texts on Spanish topics in your syllabus.
- Make strong communications: Try to communicate words clearly in everyday situations. And understand factual information on a range of familiar topics. Express your ideas, opinions, and feelings clearly with the help of accurate grammar.
- Connect words: Learn connective words to make sentences. For instance, sin embargo (however), tal Como (such as), por lo tanto (therefore), Tambien (also), etc. And also, use synonyms to make appealing sentences and paragraphs.
- Just focus on demonstrating clear and concise statements by using different opinions like en mi opinion (in my opinion), creo que (I believe that), etc. And learn nouns, articles, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, interrogatives, comparatives, and superlatives degrees.
Get familiar with the exam format
You must know your IGCSE Spanish exam pattern to score well. So, now let’s take a look:
- Paper 1 is a listening paper that contains several numbers of recordings, MCQS, and matching questions. It carries 40 marks and has a time limit of approximately 50 minutes.
- Paper 2 is a reading paper that contains different types of texts, MCQs, matching questions, and short answers. It carries 45 marks and has a time limit of 1 hour.
- Paper 3 is a speaking paper that contains one role play and conversations on 2 topics. It carries 40 marks and has a time limit of approximately 10 minutes.
- Paper 4 is a writing paper that contains one directed writing task, one form-filling task, and one format task of an article/blog or letter/email.
Improve Your Listening, Reading, Speaking & writing Skills to get good marks in IGCSE Spanish
- Focus on listening, reading, speaking, & writing: Learn vocabulary, understand topic by topic, use common words initially, master grammar rules (verbs, tenses, adjectives, and nouns), and memorize daily. It helps you to express ideas, give opinions, and describe events precisely.
- Frame sentences: You must find effective ways to frame sentences and comparative structures. So, you can compare and contrast two things in a very definitive manner. Apart from this, you must show your Spanish knowledge in each sentence, phrase, paragraph, and essay. And also, the vocabulary and grammar help you to show off your Spanish knowledge.
- Practice past year’s papers: The most appropriate way to analyze your mistakes and get aware of the exam pattern is through past years’ papers. So, practice potential questions that are asked in previous years’ papers. And while practicing, they set a timer according to the exam’s allocated time.
- Do thorough revision: Use a variety of techniques to revise your curriculum. You can take help from your peers, teachers, or tutors. You can discuss everything with them. Chat with them. Take part in the conservations. This helps you to remove your doubts and enhance your speaking skills. Make a checklist of words, learn them, and add new words daily. Then move on to grammar rules.
Ask questions & Take help from IB Elite Tutor
- The more you ask, the more you get knowledge of different viewpoints.
- You also get relevant information, like how to pronounce words.
- How to write simple phrases and sentences? Understand authentic factual texts, etc.
- Apart from this, you can engage in conversations about everyday situations and everyday material.
- Communicate clearly and concisely. Expand your Spanish knowledge with the help of IGCSE Spanish Tuition.
- Also, get ideas about different topics from a range of sources. Do our IGCSE Spanish tutors aid you in How to deal with everyday needs?
Topic areas that you have to focus on
- Social and personal life: Family and friends, home, clothes and accessories, leisure time, etc.
- The world of work: Education, work, job, training, workplace, etc.
- Everyday activities: Time expressions, human body, travel, health, transport, food, drinks, etc.
- The world around us: Natural world, technology, measurements, materials, communications, environment, shopping, etc.
- The international world: Nationalities, customs, celebrations, countries, languages, cultures, etc.
Be attentive to your assessment details.
- Listening Paper (L1-L4)- Listen to short texts (announcements, news items, phone messages, or dialogues)
- Listen to dialogue or monologue containing factual information.
- Listen to a conversation and keep matching the names of people, places, activities, or items.
- And listen to other discussions, interviews, or conversations.
- Reading Paper (R1-R4)- Match a series of short statements to the correct pictures.
- Match a series of short notices or signs to the explanatory statement.
- Answer MCQs of three options.
- Answer questions that require short responses in Spanish.
- And read other emails, letters, blogs, and articles, then answer them appropriately.
Speaking & Writing Papers (W1-W4)
- It is based on communication and the quality of language.
- Responds confidently to all questions.
- Give proper explanations and reasons.
- Accurately use a wide range of structures.
- Speak fluently.
- Fill out the simple form or write short phrases response.
- Complete a directed writing task of approximately 80-90 words.
- Write an email/letter or a blog/article in about 130-140 words.
- In the end, consolidate your ideas, know enough vocabulary, and check the grammar list.
- Focus on all the critical information that helps you ace the IGCSE Spanish examination.
- Take help from your seniors and check out the examiner report & specimen paper.
- Also, make a schedule and follow it strictly. Don’t forget to revision a timely.
- Learning any language is not that easy.
- So, it would help if you gradually enhance your speaking, writing, listening, and writing skills.
- And pay attention to your class lectures or discussion classes as well.
- No need to worry about anything. Just learn with consistency and determination, then you can achieve an A* in the IGCSE Spanish examination.
- We provide support for all major IGCSE subjects. IGCSE English Tutors, IGCSE Tutiors for French, Maths, Physics Chemistry, Biology, Business Studies, & many more. Join us and feel the difference.